Pyzo installation instructions
Installation should be as easy as downloading the installation file for your platform. A list of all available binaries is on Github.
- The easiest way to install Pyzo on Windows is to use the installer (which does not require admin rights).
- Alternatively, you can download and unpack the zip-file. You can place the Pyzo directory anywhere you like.
- To install Pyzo on Linux, download and extract the archive corresponding to your architecture.
- In case you want to place a link on your desktop for convenience, icons are in the source/pyzo/resources/appicons folder.
- The binaries for Linux are build on a relatively old Linux and should therefore work on most modern Linux distros.
- You can also
apt-get install python3-pyqt5and then
python3 -m pip install pyzo. See install Pyzo using Linux system packages.
- To install Pyzo on Mac, mount the disk image and copy the Pyzo directory to to your user directory.
- The binaries are build on a relatively old version of macOS. If it does not work, consider upgrading your OS or check an older Pyzo release
To remove Pyzo distro, either run the uninstaller (when you used the installer on Windows), or simply remove the directory that you unpacked from the archive.
Pyzo distro is free software. No limitations, no DRM. Please read the Pyzo distro end user agreement for details: Pyzo EULA.